My very first DIY project 🙂 I bought these lamps before we moved into our new home from Salvation Army for a grand total of $7. I knew that they would look perfect on each side of the bed on a nightstand. All they needed was a fresh coat of paint and new lamp shades!
I started by taping off anything I didn’t want to get paint on with painters tape.
Then I sprayed on a coat of white primer to each lamp. The primer and spray paint cost a total of about $8.
After allowing the primer to dry for about 20 minutes, I sprayed on a coat of Matte Ivory Satin paint.
The final step was to remove the tape, attach a new shade (found at Target for about $4 a piece) and place them on their new homes-our nightstands.
For a grand total of about $8 a piece (not counting the cost of spray paint which I’ll use on many more projects), we had brand-new (looking), matching bedside lamps!